Why Behavioral Health Matters
Behavioral Health matters because
- recovery is possible and takes place within a relationship of support
- positive emotional and mental health improves quality of life, affects how we handle stress, relate to one another and allows us to make better life decisions
- mental health is physical health and is one of the primary drivers in one developing life-threatening illnesses as diabetes and heart disease, as well as the development of addictions and persistent dysfunctional behaviors.
- mental health treatment is community health empowerment
- all humans have a right to thrive within their communities
- all humans have a right to ensure that their pains and traumas are healed
- early interventions matter and make a difference
- when left untreated our mental health needs can contribute to more persistent needs
Behavioral Health matters because it is never too late to make it better.